Hmmm, where to begin my reflections of 2012…Generally speaking I would venture to say it was a pretty low, key and relaxing year. My New Years resolution is more or less always the same: be a more loving, compassionate person, follow my guidance and create inner peace, find balance and go with the flow. This year I decided that since it was the year of the great shift I would spend less time working on others and more time enjoying life and bringing more balance into my life.
Balance is a funny thing, take the symbolism of the scales, the slightest weight (say a feather) added or removed on either side completely shifts the whole.
- a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
- something used to produce equilibrium; counterpoise.
- mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
- a state of bodily equilibrium: He lost his balance and fell down the stairs.
- an instrument for determining weight, typically by the equilibrium of a bar with a fulcrum at the center, from each end of which is suspended a scale or pan, one holding an object of known weight, and the other holding the object to be weighed.
As a Libra rising with a Libra moon, balance has become an obsession for me at times. Several years ago I came to a bizarre understanding; finding balance meant considering and being conscious of imbalance first. I think that tipping the scales in the extreme opposites for so many years had allowed me to finally find the balance point and a state of equilibrium. After all that seeking, finding and integrating I have come to realize that although balance is a much sought after state, it is the highs and lows in life that are the real memory makers.
That being said, I tipped the scales toward relaxation, I spent more time in nature and at the beach, read more, started painting again, meditated more, and connected with others more. I guess you could say it was balanced relaxation, this was clearly reflected in the bottom line of my business when the bookkeeper paid me a visit last month, yikes!
So, the biggest highlights of 2012 was the travel.
- A trip to Costa Rica in March/April that was relaxing, healing and a wonderful spiritual retreat https://carollefevre.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/personal-healing-retreat
- A short trip to the sunshine coast, Sechelt allowed me to re-connect with previous clients and students while I had an opportunity to facilitate a Holographic Healing workshop. I stayed with a friend I hadn’t connected with for 5 years, it was so nice to spend some time with her and re-connect. http://www.soulalchemyhealing.com/the-melchizedek-method.html
- I went to the Island, Parksville to help out a dear friend and her husband. It was an intense visit. I mostly worked, I was able to see 9 clients there and did 4 sessions on her husband Richard who had a seizure last year and has completely lost his memory, I mean everything! He didn’t even remember her. And so yet another walk-in has arrived to the earth plane! I pray for his speedy integration.
- I went to Edmonton in August and re-united with family I hadn’t seen in over 35 years, re-connected with dear friends and had an absolute blast. My beautiful cousin Juanita is an absolute joy to hang with! I soooo wish we lived closer to each other. I had the pleasure of teaching a mini holographic healing workshop there and we did some feng shui in her home. I was able to lend a hand to Deborah an absolutely amazing woman and dear, dear friend while I was there too. OMG, so many things happened in that week it makes my head spin! Everything from yoga, being rescued by a dreamy firefighter, to Drag Queen charity events…wow! I did some serious scale tipping here.
- Then there was the 10 day silent retreat in Merritt, BC which has definitely changed my life…forever https://carollefevre.wordpress.com/2012/11/12/10-days-of-silence
- Then there was the visit here from my gorgeous sister and wonderful mother. Karen and I laughed so hard in the canoe I thought I would pee my pants. I tried to get out on a sandbar and fell in! Watching Karen made me realize how similar I was at her age and how much my values have changed. I am grateful that she decided to come for a visit even though some of our expectations were not met. In the weeks that followed we texted our frustrations and irritations to one another and when it was all over we managed to get back to LOVE. Mom and I started spray it away and mom lost 33lbs in less than 2 months. I lost 15 even with my slip ups 🙂 All in all it was a great visit.
Let’s see…the other BIG thing that happened in 2012 was that I was registered with vital statistics to legally perform weddings, this was a huge breakthrough for me, and so exciting. https://carollefevre.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/its-official-im-official
It was a privilege to marry these two seniors in our home.
I took time out to read, and to read something that wasn’t work related. When I say work related I mean anything spiritual. Yep, I read “The fifty shades of grey” series. Entertaining and maybe a little educational…wink, wink!
I made it a point to start painting again, and finally managed to bond with acrylic…YES! Here are a couple photos to show you my progress. I decided to create a gallery page on my blog as well. Here is a page with some of my art and the process I went through https://carollefevre.wordpress.com/painting-gallery and here is the blog from when I first started painting: https://carollefevre.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/when-all-hell-breaks-loose-paint
I tried something new this year…a piercing. It was an experience I was going to blog about and chose not to. Why, you ask. Well it’s a little personal and I realized that I would take up an entire blog just venting and raging about an experience that still leaves me frustrated and incomplete. Kelly, the owner should thank Vipassana Meditation, not writing the blog has likely saved West Coast Piercing big money.
The bottom line is that I had a botched piercing done by the manager, who has 5 years experience. After 3 visits I contacted the owner, then after some 18 emails, 2 more visits and a re-piercing I am still not satisfied, not to mention that it has cost me 3 times the average price for this type of piercing. If anyone needs some jewellery, I have lots now…
Hmmmm, what else…I began working on my thesis for my Masters in Metaphysics, not so much writing it but doing lots of research. I am hoping to finish it this year…still undecided about the subject. I am considering paradigm shifts, meditation or something about the programming of the unconscious mind. I’m open to any ideas anyone out there may have.
Oh, I nearly forgot, we finally got our hallway, dining room and living room painted this year. It was a nightmare. The previous owners slapped paint on and got it all over the wooden trim. We spent hours upon hours cleaning it off with mild nail polish remover before we could actually paint. All the wooden trim, windows and vaulted ceilings made the process long and strenuous and it looks beautiful now that it is complete.
Oh, one more thing, I learned how to create my own websites. It is so rewarding being able to go onto my site and change things when I want to. I made three new sites and updated the look of my blog. The sites are:
This encouraged me to register my new company: New Perspectives Ministry
So what lies ahead for 2013? Well I have been thinking about that, quite a bit. This is the first year in 12 that I did not do a collage on January 1st. In fact I have decided to take the four that I have up down. I am in detachment mode I suppose. My visions/goals seem to be the same from year to year:
- Inner Peace
- The world a loving place
- Abundance for all
- Great Health
- Happy and Healthy Relationships
- Comfortable Home
- Excellent Divine Guidance
- Personal Growth
I am fortunate that for the most part I have all these things. I guess the difference is wanting vs needing. Do I desire a bigger home, more money and a more loving planet…Hell Yes. Am I grateful for the love, abundance, comfort and peace in my life now…Hell Yes! So my focus remains the same; be a more loving, compassionate person, always follow my guidance, create inner peace, find balance and go with the flow, and above all find equanimity in all things.
My dear friends, clients, fellow bloggers and readers; with all my heart, I wish you more magic and miracles than you could imagine would come your way in order for you all to create the reality you desire in 2013…Happy New Year.
May Blessing Abound in your Life Today and Always,
Rev. Carol Lefevre